Pages

Monday 17 December 2018

Summer Learning Journey Week 1 Day 1 Activity 1: Top 3 Fun Facts

Fact 1: The Maori name of New Zealand is Aotearoa which means the land of the long white cloud.

Fact 2: New Zealand was once governed as part of the territory of New South Wales and later a part of Australia.

Fact 3: New Zealanders are also called kiwis but kiwi is not a fruit. It is New Zealand’s native flightless bird.

This is the task that I needed to do for my first activity on the summer learning journey Today Fun Facts About New Zealand website, and find 3 interesting facts to blog. This challenge was fairly easy, but I found a few things out, while knowing the rest. 

3 comments:

  1. Kia ora Julian,

    Welcome to the Summer Learning Journey! You probably remember me coming into assembly to talk about the Summer Learning Journey a few weeks ago. I will be reading and commenting on your posts this summer.

    Thank you for telling me these interesting facts about New Zealand! I did not know that New Zealand was once governed as a part of Australia.

    Keep up the awesome work! I will talk to you in your next post.

    Cheers,

    Sophie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Julian! It's great that you joined the Summer Learning Journey Programme this Holiday. You picked out some good facts which two of them I didn't know before finding it out from viewing the facts about New Zealand list. Good luck on completing more of the activities if you do, keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Julian...great to see you blogging on the SLJ. There's still some time to complete the activities before school begins - how many more can you get done? Keep up the great work

    ReplyDelete