Pages

Thursday 4 July 2019

Maths Word Problems

Today we were showcasing and explaining our math games that we have been working on for two weeks. The first things we did to create our games was we planned out what the design of the layout would look like and what we would do if someone got the answer correct or wrong we also created some characters that would give you a hint of you were correct or wrong and also something that says congratulations if you got it right and / or sorry try again this was a very interesting activity to end the term because we got to create our own games instead of playing something straight from the internet that someone else made. This gave us a big opportunity to show our skill and also our knowledge.         



4 comments:

  1. Hi Julian,
    You did really well with presenting this morning, and I had a lot of fun playing your game. My favourite part of your game by far had to be the animations done when you get an answer right or wrong. When the heart is broken it makes me laugh at how the animation is done. You did a great job creating this, and if you want to you can play my game which is on my blog feel free.

    Jack

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Julian
    I enjoyed playing your maths game because I really needed to read all of your questions to find what you were asking me, I also liked how you make your heart character smile and break depending the answer that we choose.
    Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Julian
    l really enjoyed playing your Decimals Math Game because l don´t really know my Decimals and this helps. Also your icon is really cool and your colors and font go really well together.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Julian

    Great idea for a game. I will be doing something similar with my class. Did you know that the answer for your second question about the rope is wrong?

    Each minute is $0.99 and they play for 6 hours. There are 60 minutes in 1 hour so the answer is found by: $0.99 x 60minutes x 6 hours. Doing this by calculator is fastest, but here's how to do it by hand:

    0.99 x 60 x 6
    = (1 x 60 x 6) - (0.01 x 60 x 6)
    = (1 x 360) - (0.01 x 360)
    = 360 - 3.60
    = 356.40

    The cost of bowling is $356.40. It that's for one person, then the total cost is $356.40 x 3 = $1069.20.

    I wouldn't be able to afford that much bowling.

    ReplyDelete