Pages

Tuesday 19 December 2017

Summer Learning Journey: Day 1 Activity 3

Today I did the bonus activity for day 1 of the Summer Learning Journey. For this activity, we needed to watch a video of the Waka Ama race. We needed to say in our blog post whether we would like to do it, and why. 
Here's my answer:
I would enjoy this type of race. It gets you outside, and includes a lot of strength. The reason on why I would love to do something like this is because I love Kayaking, and this race shares a lot of similarities to it.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Julian,

    Ruby here from the Summer Learning Journey team!
    You're right! Waka Ama racing would be very similar to kayaking. You would definitely need to be very strong to be in a Waka Ama race. There would be a lot of practice involved before the race. What sort of practice do you think the racers would have to do?

    I wouldn't like to be in a Waka Ama race because I'm not very good at swimming and wouldn't want to fall in the water!

    I look forward to reading more of your blogs.
    Cheers,
    Ruby.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Julian
    Well done on finishing this summer learning journey activity. I also would like to participate in a Waka Ama race. You're absolutely right - I think Waka Ama racing is a bit like kayaking. Keep up the good work Julian.
    Daniel

    ReplyDelete