Pages

Friday 9 November 2018

Armistice commemorations

Today we had a commemoration and it was for armistice. It was one of the most heartwarming moments of my life. We were joined by a person from the NZ army. I was so amazed by the way that everyone was so respectful and focused and I was proud of Aung Naing for doing the flag and also I was most amazed at my brother and Taiva for saying the oath calmly and confidently. The reason we commemorated the soldiers that lost their lives was because it is armistice but it was our own armistice commemoration. We also learnt new songs and they were called the last post and the other one was called reveille. Before we all got together we planted the poppies. Then before the commemoration ended one of our teachers read the flanders field poem.         

No comments:

Post a Comment